Those of us who call the Maritimes home know just how beautiful it is here: swallowed up by the chilly Atlantic Ocean, home to the world’s highest tides. From the deep green forests of NB, to the red sand soils of PEI, it’s all so photogenic.
Instragram is full of pictures of our stunning Maritimes. One thing I really enjoy about the app is how it encourages you to take note of what’s around you. To look at the little details, like the way the snow falls in perfect little spheres or the way the evening light filters through the forest trees . There are some Maritime instagramers who are really killing it. They promote our region with their incredible photography and they inspire me to get out and explore the region too.
The following is a list of some of my favourite Maritime Instagramers. It’s by no means exhaustive. If you know of a great Maritime Instagramer that I should be following, please pass their name/handle along!
My Favourite Maritime Instagramers:
- Colin Swift (@colinscamera) – In Colin’s bio he says, “It’s beautiful, look around” and that he certainly does. He sets up regular Insta-meets and his explorations around the Maritimes result in some of the most stunning photos I’ve seen on Instagram, or anywhere for that matter.
2. Melinda Foster (@Melinda.Foster) – Melinda takes stunning nature and wildlife photos of southern NB. I am continually impressed by the patience that she must possess in order to get some of her shots. I love her photos because they show the wildness of NB in an up close and personal way that we city dwellers don’t often get to see.
3. Jordan (@fundysnapper) – Jordan takes striking photos around my favourite city on the Bay of Fundy: Saint John. His streetscapes show off the history and architecture the city is so well known for, in it’s very best light.
4. Amy Stackhouse (@amystackhouse) – Amy takes photos around Nova Scotia and I really love her attention to detail in her photography. Her shots are always so interesting and I find myself drawn into them and pausing to study all the exquisite details in each one.
5. Jordy Smits (@JORDY_SMITS) – In his bio, Jordy says he is a self taught photographer from The Netherlands currently based on the east coast of Canada. He does mostly night shots and his photos have a surreal and dream-like quality that I love. It’s a different take on the Maritime landscapes that are so familiar to us in the day.
6. Morgan Haley (@coastalwanderings) – Morgan takes gorgeous photos from all around eastern Canada. I love how varied her shots are, from forest trails to dreamy beaches.
7. Robert Hebert (@rbrthebert) – Robert is a self-professed adventurer and seems to take full advantage of the numerous outdoor opportunities available in New Brunswick.
8. Andrew Ryan Munn (@PORTCITYMUNN) – Many of Andrew’s photos feature one of my personal favourite Maritime locales: The Bay of Fundy. His photos display the raw power of the Bay as well as its calmer, gentler side at sunset.
9. Nick Jay (@JAYPROGRAMMER) – Nick is a photographer from PEI and his shots of the Island’s landscapes makes me miss PEI’s breezy and beachy vibe.
10. Bryn Robinson (@BRYNPHD) – I’ve just recently starting following Bryn on Instagram but she’s got a great eye for zeroing in on the most interesting subject matter.